Green Detox smoothie
This easy smoothie is a great breakfast option or pre/post workout snack with vanilla why protein added in.
Leafy greens such as spinach and kale (feel free to sub in the recipe) are great natural detoxifiers. They are full of vitamins and minerals that help your body detox. They are full of fiber to help keep you full and detox the bowels.
Pineapple has plenty of vitamins and fiber for detox. It’s a natural anti inflammatory which can improve digestion. It’s also been known to help boost immunity.
Try subbing out some of the ingredients to switch this smoothie up depending on what you have available and your preferences. Enjoy!
- 1 frozen sliced very ripe banana, previously peeled & sliced
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 and 1/4 cups chopped pineapple
- 1 peach, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 – 2 cups fresh spinach
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender. Blend on high for at least 2 minutes or until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Serve and enjoy. Store any leftover smoothie covered in the refrigerator for up to 8-10 hours.
- Optional add ins – 1 scoop of protein powder, fresh ginger, lime juice