Looking for a great sweet treat that's gluten free and refined sugar free? These gooey chocolate chip cookies are a perfect fit to satisfy your sweet tooth and maintain your macros. These are a perfect fit for keto and paleo diets or those just looking to eat clean.
Whip these cookies up in a single bowl, allow them to chill while you get your workout in, and bake! You won't believe they're healthy, and so easy to make! Enjoy!!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes + 1 hour to chill
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 14 cookies
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 egg (or flax egg if vegan!)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl combine the almond butter, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla extract. Whisk until completely homogenous, about 1 minute. Add the almond meal, baking soda, and salt and stir until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place the cookie dough in the fridge for at least an hour, but up to 24 hours.
- When you’re ready to make the cookies, preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a cookie scoop, scoop out rounds, dropping them two inches apart (the cookies will spread). Bake for 10 to 12 minutes depending on your oven, taking them out when the edges are golden brown and the centers have puffed up.
- Allow to cool and enjoy with a glass of milk!
Recipe c/o Sofi @ bromabakery.com