Cinco De Mayo has us salsa dancing and moving to the music for our workout today. After we get a little sweat in it’s time for some festive fajitas to end our celebration.
These fajitas are really easy to make. You can prepare your salsa in advance (or buy some from your favorite restaurant or prepared brand. Remember the more fresh you can get your food, the better! If you’re nearby a Latin community consider checking out their stores for some of the best salsa you can buy!).
The meat can be substituted for chicken, tofu, shrimp, firm fish, pork or any other lean cut of meat, fish, or vegetable based meat.
Looking to add sour cream? Consider adding plain Greek yogurt as a topping instead. This tasty dinner is easy to make, full of vitamins and nutrients, and sure to be a hit! Pair with a healthier margarita to make your evening complete!
1 roma tomato diced
¼ bunch of fresh cilantro chopped
1 jalapeno chilli pepper deseeded & finely chopped
1 tsp ground cumin
1 lime juiced
Salt & pepper to taste
10oz beef sirloin thinly sliced
1 tsp olive oil
2 small bell peppers – assorted colors and thinly sliced
1 red onion thinly sliced
1 garlic clove crushed
2 corn tortillas warmed
½ avocado diced
- Toss tomato with cilantro, chilli, ¼ tsp of the cumin and ½ the lime juice. Season with salt and pepper and set salsa aside
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat
- Toss beef with oil, remaining cumin and salt and pepper to coat. Cook for a few minutes until brown. Set aside.
- Add bell peppers, onion and garlic to pan and cook for a few minutes until beginning to soften. Return meat to pan and toss through vegetables to warm through
- Top warm tortillas with beef mixture, avocado and remaining lime juice. Season to serve.